RepairmanJack.com Forums
Dead in the Water Out Today! - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Dead in the Water Out Today! (/thread-2488.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Dead in the Water Out Today! - Marc - 09-25-2007

So now that everyone has gone out and bought Paul's latest and greatest novel BLOODLINE (and if you haven't you really should) help a couple indie filmmakers out!

Today marks the release of Dead in the Water throughout North America! Go to your local video rental or retail store and pick up a copy. If they don't have the DVD demand it!

You can also order online through Amazon or Barnes & Noble. As of today we are currently ranked #7 in Amazon's Independently Distributed Horror category.

The film is also available at Blockbuster and Netflix so if you're not the gambling type rent it!

So tell your friends and neighbors and lets make Dead in the Water one of the top indie film releases!

Dead in the Water Out Today! - Biggles - 09-26-2007

Marc B. Wrote:So now that everyone has gone out and bought Paul's latest and greatest novel BLOODLINE (and if you haven't you really should) help a couple indie filmmakers out!

Today marks the release of Dead in the Water throughout North America! Go to your local video rental or retail store and pick up a copy. If they don't have the DVD demand it!

You can also order online through Amazon or Barnes & Noble. As of today we are currently ranked #7 in Amazon's Independently Distributed Horror category.

The film is also available at Blockbuster and Netflix so if you're not the gambling type rent it!

So tell your friends and neighbors and lets make Dead in the Water one of the top indie film releases!

Marc,

I re-posted my review, since it disappeared after the original movie was pulled.

Dead in the Water Out Today! - GeraldRice - 09-27-2007

I have Dead in the Water in my Blockbuster queue right now but it's been pushed back for some reason. It was slated as coming out this past Tuesday but now Blockbuster shows it is "Coming Soon". Whaddup wit dat?

Dead in the Water Out Today! - Marc - 09-27-2007

GeraldRice Wrote:I have Dead in the Water in my Blockbuster queue right now but it's been pushed back for some reason. It was slated as coming out this past Tuesday but now Blockbuster shows it is "Coming Soon". Whaddup wit dat?

No idea, though this main explain why no Blockbuster store seems to have it yet. My Blockbuster queue has it listed as Available. Anyone on Netflix? What's the status there?

Dead in the Water Out Today! - Marc - 11-07-2007

So I'm told the agreements are signed so it's okay to share this. We have a new place of distribution. Dead in the Water has found a home in the UK.

Dead in the Water Out Today! - Dave F - 11-07-2007

Marc B. Wrote:So I'm told the agreements are signed so it's okay to share this. We have two new places of distribution. Dead in the Water has found homes in the UK and Japan.

Does this mean there is a region 2 version?

I just checked UK amazon, and they still only have the region 1 version at the moment.

Dead in the Water Out Today! - Marc - 11-07-2007

Britfan Wrote:Does this mean there is a region 2 version?

I just checked UK amazon, and they still only have the region 1 version at the moment.

It will be a region 2 disc.

Dead in the Water Out Today! - cobalt - 11-07-2007

I have my copy.....it's mine, but I might let my son borrow it. Big Grin

Dead in the Water Out Today! - bones weep tedium - 11-08-2007

The IMDb rating is 3.8/10.

Why do you think it is so low? Can anybody post links to reviews?

Dead in the Water Out Today! - Marc - 11-08-2007

bones weep tedium Wrote:The IMDb rating is 3.8/10.

Why do you think it is so low? Can anybody post links to reviews?

You're asking a question I've been pondering for a while now. That rating (all 21 voters) came out when we released the limited edition of the DVD. We didn't sell a lot of copies at that time since it was out for a very short period of time (only a few months) and the majority of the people who bought it were family and friends. I doubt family and friends who are trying to support us would rate the film low.

In my conspiracy mind I can only think of one thing: other indie filmmakers upset we actually finished a feature film project and got distribution so they rated the film low. I'm probably wrong but whatever... it makes me smile.

The Netflix rating is pretty low too with the comments from viewers being "low budget" and "it has a story". Since when is a movie bad because it's low budget and has a story? I don't get it.

If you want critic reviews we have a page up here. The critic's reviews are very positive and probably a little more reliable since these critics know low budget filmmaking.