RepairmanJack.com Forums
Citizen Jack and Richard Westphalen - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Citizen Jack and Richard Westphalen (/thread-2293.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Citizen Jack and Richard Westphalen - bones weep tedium - 04-17-2007

[SIZE="5"]***SPOILERS*** (ISH) [/SIZE]

Wasn't Richard Westphalen gobbled up by Rakoshi, and like his aunties considered 'Missing' rather than dead due to the lack of body?

If anything ever happend to Gia and Jack needed to get Vicky before the state did, couldnt he just pose as Ricky Westphalen and claim her? I'm sure he could fix it somehow.

I was just thinking about how rubbish it would be if Repairman Jack ever managed to become Citizen Jack, and how frustrating it is that he would even want to. I don't think the Jack from The Tomb would sell himself out to the system instead of trying to screw the system instead.

And in any case, what would be so wrong with taking Vicky and both of them being off the system? She's only a kiddo, the Inland Revenue (or whatever it's called in the US) wouldn't even notice her leaving.

Citizen Jack and Richard Westphalen - Sourdoughs - 04-17-2007

bones weep tedium Wrote:

<snip>
And in any case, what would be so wrong with taking Vicky and both of them being off the system? She's only a kiddo, the Inland Revenue (or whatever it's called in the US) wouldn't even notice her leaving.

Do you have kids?

Citizen Jack and Richard Westphalen - Maggers - 04-17-2007

bones weep tedium Wrote:I think FPW mentioned that in his radio interview.

Didn't listen to it.

Perhaps the SS# issue was why sourdoughs asked you about having kids. That's my point and now I'm out of this discussion which has been done to death on assorted threads.

This post is out of chronological order and no matter what I do, I can't fix it. My time now is 2:27 EST, which is not what is recorded above. Bizzaro.

Citizen Jack and Richard Westphalen - webby - 04-17-2007

bones weep tedium Wrote:

Wasn't Richard Westphalen gobbled up by Rakoshi, and like his aunties considered 'Missing' rather than dead due to the lack of body?

If anything ever happend to Gia and Jack needed to get Vicky before the state did, couldnt he just pose as Ricky Westphalen and claim her? I'm sure he could fix it somehow.

I was just thinking about how rubbish it would be if Repairman Jack ever managed to become Citizen Jack, and how frustrating it is that he would even want to. I don't think the Jack from The Tomb would sell himself out to the system instead of trying to screw the system instead.

Check out this link for some previous thoughts on this subject: http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6471.

Citizen Jack and Richard Westphalen - cobalt - 04-17-2007

Maggers Wrote:I believe, parents correct me if I'm wrong, that babies born in the US are assigned a Social Security Number at birth. That puts them right into the system from the get go. This assigning of SS# at birth is a fairly recent event, like maybe over the past 15 or 20 years, so it would not apply to Jack and those of us who didn't get SS#'s until we starting working.
In Connecticut, you have to apply for the social security number. You need the child's birth certificate as well as the name(s) of the parent(s).

Citizen Jack and Richard Westphalen - cobalt - 04-17-2007

Why oh why are the posts out of order? :eek:

I posted this at 3:05 PM.....Houston....I think we have a problem!

Thanks for the link Webby.

No, Sourdoughs, I don't have any children. What insight into Repairman Jack do you think I'm missing because of that?

Repairman Jack droppped out of society for a reason, and works hard at staying out for a reason. Most parents raise their children to share their religions and belief systems, wy shouldnt Jack raise Vicky as a Libertairian? He loves he and wants to see her have a happy, healthy life, I can;t see him raising her to be a sheep.

I think that outside of The Tomb, the most interesting character development of Jack was in Hosts. At the beginning after he shot the psycho on the subway and he started shouting at all the other people, asking why they hadnt stuck up for themselves and calling them sheep. He really seemed to hate them. I don;t think he'd ever raise Vicky to be one.

Citizen Jack and Richard Westphalen - Maggers - 04-17-2007

I believe, parents correct me if I'm wrong, that babies born in the US are assigned a Social Security Number at birth. That puts them right into the system from the get go. This assigning of SS# at birth is a fairly recent event, like maybe over the past 15 or 20 years, so it would not apply to Jack and those of us who didn't get SS#'s until we starting working.

Citizen Jack and Richard Westphalen - BK Akitas - 04-17-2007

I brought this whole thing up a while ago after finishing Harbingers.

RJ wouldn't NEED to apply for an SSN if he assumed the identity of the missing Richard Westphalen, as RW was a British citizen. Who's gonna check the records of this guy too deeply with foreign credentials? Especially if his "ex-wife" and he were deciding to reconcile- it automatically makes Vicky his daughter and who's to say that RW's middle name isn't (wasnt) Jack or John?
This would neatly tie up loads of loose ends.

Maggers Wrote:I believe, parents correct me if I'm wrong, that babies born in the US are assigned a Social Security Number at birth. That puts them right into the system from the get go. This assigning of SS# at birth is a fairly recent event, like maybe over the past 15 or 20 years, so it would not apply to Jack and those of us who didn't get SS#'s until we starting working.

I think FPW mentioned that in his radio interview.