RepairmanJack.com Forums
Sopranos - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Sopranos (/thread-2277.html)

Pages: 1 2

Sopranos - ccosborne3 - 04-06-2007

Anybody else looking forward to the final season? Premiere is on Sunday at 9PM.

Sopranos - Maggers - 04-06-2007

Yes, I'm interested, but after ROME, everything pales in comparison. I can watch ROME more than once, but I've never watched an episode of THE SOPRANOS more than once.

I do get into the series once it's on, and who knows how it will end. Will Tony live or die a nasty death? Will he be caught red-handed in something and sent to prison? Will nothing happen to him at all?

Sopranos - ccosborne3 - 04-06-2007

Maggers Wrote:Yes, I'm interested, but after ROME, everything pales in comparison. I can watch ROME more than once, but I've never watched an episode of THE SOPRANOS more than once.

I do get into the series once it's on, and who knows how it will end. Will Tony live or die a nasty death? Will he be caught red-handed in something and sent to prison? Will nothing happen to him at all?

I've watched all the episodes multiple times. I always come back to it. It will be interesting to see what happens to all of them. The Sopranos is an unpredictable show. Anything can happen. I think Tony will end up a rat. We'll see.

Sopranos - Maggers - 04-07-2007

ccosborne3 Wrote:... I think Tony will end up a rat. We'll see.

Holy crap! I never thought of that. Wow, that would be wild.

Sopranos - ccosborne3 - 04-09-2007

Maggers Wrote:Will Tony live or die a nasty death? Will he be caught red-handed in something and sent to prison? Will nothing happen to him at all?

Whatever happens to him he's got it coming. Underneath the funny exterior lies an evil, evil man.

Sopranos - Maggers - 04-09-2007

ccosborne3 Wrote:Whatever happens to him he's got it coming. Underneath the funny exterior lies an evil, evil man.

I agree 110%. I kept thinking as I watched last night how little I liked those people. Unlike the characters in ROME, or BIG LOVE (another series I really enjoy), there is nothing likable about the folks on THE SOPRANOS. As you said, CC, underneath lies an ugly truth.

In particular I cannot stand Tony's sister. Bobby, her poor husband is doomed. He mentioned how criminals should fear the advances in forensic science and, sure enough, he leaves part of his shirt at the murder scene, and he leaves his gun! Doomed, he's doomed.

And if Bobby goes down, he'll pull Tony down, too.

I think Tony's gonna wind up in jail.

Maggers Wrote:BIG LOVE

I can't get into this show, I find it a little boring.

The only one I like is Nikki.

ccosborne3 Wrote:I can't get into this show, I find it a little boring.

The only one I like is Nikki.

I avoided it. But a friend whose opinion I trust and who knows my taste kept telling me to check it out. I finally did a marathon of BIG LOVE on demand, and I was hooked. I think sometimes that's the way to see a series...all at once, in one big helping.

It's a great premise and takes me to places and introduces me to people I know nothing about, and I like that.

Did you see the trailer for "John From Cinncinnatti". That's the show HBO dropped Deadwood for.

What were they thinking. :mad:

ccosborne3 Wrote:Did you see the trailer for "John From Cinncinnatti". That's the show HBO dropped Deadwood for.

What were they thinking. :mad:

I haven't seen it. What's it about?