RepairmanJack.com Forums
Ghost Rider - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Ghost Rider (/thread-2215.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Ghost Rider - saynomore - 02-23-2007

I saw the movie last night. Was very pleased with the effects, but thought that Nick Cage couldn't decide to play the role for laughs or tears. I've followed the Ghost Rider comic book series ever since it was a Western story (and I was glad to see that the movie played homage to the original Ghost Rider--only wish they had used his original white glow-in-the-dark get-up instead of the flames). It wasn't Spiderman, but it was better than The Hulk, Daredevil, and FF.

Now that they've got the origin of GR out of the way, I hope to see some villains worthy of the Rider.

AC

P.S. Johnny Depp originally wanted this role, but passed on it. He could have given the Johnny Blaze character the edge it needed to match his fiery counterpart.

Ghost Rider - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 02-23-2007

saynomore Wrote:I saw the movie last night. Was very pleased with the effects, but thought that Nick Cage couldn't decide to play the role for laughs or tears. I've followed the Ghost Rider comic book series ever since it was a Western story (and I was glad to see that the movie played homage to the original Ghost Rider--only wish they had used his original white glow-in-the-dark get-up instead of the flames). It wasn't Spiderman, but it was better than The Hulk, Daredevil, and FF.

Now that they've got the origin of GR out of the way, I hope to see some villains worthy of the Rider.

AC

P.S. Johnny Depp originally wanted this role, but passed on it. He could have given the Johnny Blaze character the edge it needed to match his fiery counterpart.

Johnny Depp would have been =perfect=, but maybe the project was a little too low-rent for him these days. Worth seeing in the the-a-ter, or wait for the video to rent?

Ghost Rider - saynomore - 02-23-2007

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Johnny Depp would have been =perfect=, but maybe the project was a little too low-rent for him these days. Worth seeing in the the-a-ter, or wait for the video to rent?

Theater for fans of the Marvel character, or if you'd like to see the original and new Ghost Rider blazing through the desert to the song, Ghost Riders in the Sky.

Non-fans, wait for the rental.

AC

P.S. Has there ever been a bad version of Ghost Riders in the Sky? Nahh.

Ghost Rider - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 02-23-2007

saynomore Wrote:Theater for fans of the Marvel character, or if you'd like to see the original and new Ghost Rider blazing through the desert to the song, Ghost Riders in the Sky.

Non-fans, wait for the rental.

AC

P.S. Has there ever been a bad version of Ghost Riders in the Sky? Nahh.

Dadburnit, did something wrong and had to get back on the board at me cafe. Anyway, I liked GHOST RIDER (the books)=a lot=. But sometimes if the movie version is foul, it's a mockery of a fine book. (Calling the creators of the FF movie!)

And while I have never heard a poor version of GHOST RIDERS IN THE SKY, I can imagine one. Let's say the Dead Kennedys did it...:eek:

Ghost Rider - Dave F - 02-24-2007

Big fan of the comic - both the original (Blaze) & the second fiery head series

The glow in the dark cover (think it is volume 2 number 18) is still one of my finest comic purchases

I will be going to see this once it is released this side of the pond

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Dadburnit, did something wrong and had to get back on the board at me cafe. Anyway, I liked GHOST RIDER (the books)=a lot=. But sometimes if the movie version is foul, it's a mockery of a fine book. (Calling the creators of the FF movie!)

And while I have never heard a poor version of GHOST RIDERS IN THE SKY, I can imagine one. Let's say the Dead Kennedys did it...:eek:

Well they did justice to Viva Las Vegas - so I reckon they could manage Ghost Rider

I'd vote to use the Sisters of Mercy version tho' I love that version

Ghost Rider - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 02-24-2007

Britfan Wrote:Well they did justice to Viva Las Vegas - so I reckon they could manage Ghost Rider

I'd vote to use the Sisters of Mercy version tho' I love that version

Yow! Dave! The whole point about the DKs is they =hate= America. A pitiful crew. Their version of VIVA LAS VAGAS was sad indeed...none of the =fun= and the =rock and roll= spirit Elvis brought to it.

But then, Elvis was never sued by his bandmates, was he? For ripping them off?

Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Yow! Dave! The whole point about the DKs is they =hate= America. A pitiful crew. Their version of VIVA LAS VAGAS was sad indeed...none of the =fun= and the =rock and roll= spirit Elvis brought to it.

But then, Elvis was never sued by his bandmates, was he? For ripping them off?

I rate Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegatables as one of my favorite albums of all time

politics / hate of America aside, the DKs are part of the sound track of my student days

Ghost Rider - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 02-24-2007

Britfan Wrote:I rate Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegatables as one of my favorite albums of all time

politics / hate of America aside, the DKs are part of the sound track of my student days

Fair enough, Dave. But it kinda gets monstrous in my craw that a clownboy/thief like Jello Biafra is =so= sad, hates =so= much, the civilization that lets him flap his yapping trap. I'm waiting for JELLO--LIVE IN TEHRAN!

Ghost Rider - Kenji - 02-24-2007

saynomore Wrote:I saw the movie last night. Was very pleased with the effects, but thought that Nick Cage couldn't decide to play the role for laughs or tears. I've followed the Ghost Rider comic book series ever since it was a Western story (and I was glad to see that the movie played homage to the original Ghost Rider--only wish they had used his original white glow-in-the-dark get-up instead of the flames).

In Japan, we can see it from March 3. So I haven't seen this yet. But I want to say one thing.

As far as I see trailer, I think Nic Cage was good choice for Johnny Blaze. I'm not huge Nic Cage fan, but he's good actor, and the most important thing is THIS is Ghostrider. I wanted to see good effect of a skeleton head's Ghostrider. So I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Quote:It wasn't Spiderman, but it was better than The Hulk, Daredevil, and FF.

Of course, any of movies (made from comics) can't defeat Spiderman movies! Yes, I guess G.R. is better than The Hulk, too. The Hulk was terrible. Rolleyes

Quote:Now that they've got the origin of GR out of the way, I hope to see some villains worthy of the Rider.

AC

I guess we can see more villains in Ghostrider 2.......I wish. Smile