RepairmanJack.com Forums
The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: The Haunted Air SPOILERS (/thread-2098.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Sigokat - 12-22-2006

SPOILER ALERT

I'm about 3/4th's done with The Haunted Air and I must say that I've started to get turned off by it. I'm not sure why, but I think it has something to do with Gia. I don't like how she's so deteremined to change Jack.

Yeah, I know she's pregnant and all that, but it just seems that she's way too self-centered. I don't see her as wanting Jack to change and stop his fix-its for him, but for her and Vicky. Also, the fact that she has started doing things, against Jack's will, just lessens her creditability IMO. She's going off and playing reporter (like her own little fix it) IOT determine more about the dead girl and what she can do to "help". It just seems very self-centered to me. "Oh Jack won't like me doing this, but I'm going to do it anyways." (Paraphrasing there) And her little tirate about child molesters was just so pathetic. I literally laughed out loud when I read it because is was just so "fake" (sorry FPW)

Ok, well I guess I don't really like The Haunted Air because of Gia. I understand her neccessity, but she's still really friggin annoying. It won't make me stop reading RJ, but I hope the rest of the books aren't as sappy when it comes to stuff like this. I want more fix-its...not lovey dovey, oogly googly Gia crap.

Ok, I'm done. Any thoughts?

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Kenji - 12-22-2006

But Jack loves Gia. Love makes strong the man! The man will do anything for love. Love is....okay, okay! I stop this here. :o

I don't think Gia is self-centered. Jack and Gia did sex by mutual agreement, and she got pregnant. Jack accepted it.

Besides, even if she said "stop your fix-its" to him, Jack won't stop it. Wink

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Sigokat - 12-22-2006

Kenji Wrote:But Jack loves Gia. Love makes strong the man! The man will do anything for love. Love is....okay, okay! I stop this here. :o

I don't think Gia is self-centered. Jack and Gia did sex by mutual agreement, and she got pregnant. Jack accepted it.

Besides, even if she said "stop your fix-its" to him, Jack won't stop it. Wink

I see what you mean, but I always saw Gia as somewhat self-centered, even before she got pregnant. Always wanting Jack to stop his fix-its, but she always wanted him to save the day when it would benefit her.

I hate to say this, but in All The Rage, I really wanted him to go off on Gia when he was under the influence of bezerk, but I'm also glad he didn't because it showed his self-control as well.

I don't know...there's just something about Gia that I really do not like.

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Dave F - 12-22-2006

sigokat Wrote:I see what you mean, but I always saw Gia as somewhat self-centered, even before she got pregnant. Always wanting Jack to stop his fix-its, but she always wanted him to save the day when it would benefit her.

I hate to say this, but in All The Rage, I really wanted him to go off on Gia when he was under the influence of bezerk, but I'm also glad he didn't because it showed his self-control as well.

I don't know...there's just something about Gia that I really do not like.

I understand - but Gia aside I loved haunted air - I thought it was a great story

You will find the core otherness story becoming more & more central to the books & less non related fix its

No coincidences for our Jack anymore

Stick with them - they are still wonderful

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Dr. Trilobite - 12-22-2006

I don't see what's wrong or particularly unrealistic about her wanting him to quit his very dangerous occupation for the sake of their family. And why should she not be allowed to do things "against Jack's will" when he constantly does things against hers?

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Scott Miller - 12-22-2006

Dr. Trilobite Wrote:I don't see what's wrong or particularly unrealistic about her wanting him to quit his very dangerous occupation for the sake of their family. And why should she not be allowed to do things "against Jack's will" when he constantly does things against hers?

It's because she doesn't fart. Big Grin

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Maggers - 12-22-2006

Dr. Trilobite Wrote:I don't see what's wrong or particularly unrealistic about her wanting him to quit his very dangerous occupation for the sake of their family. And why should she not be allowed to do things "against Jack's will" when he constantly does things against hers?

So many people have strong opinions about Gia. I love reading them all. Big Grin

http://www.repairmanjack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5991

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - webby - 12-22-2006

[Image: decision_smiley.gif]

Gia Stay! Gia Go!

I think Gia is "real" enough. If she wasn't, there wouldn't be so many conflicting opinions about her. Besides, the only opinion that really matters is Jack's and he obviously loves her deeply and truly.

** Possible Spoilers - Harbingers **
If you've read Harbingers, then you know exactly how important Gia and Vicky are to Jack. And what kind of person Jack would be if he lost one or both of them now. Not a pretty picture.

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Kenji - 12-23-2006

Scott Miller Wrote:It's because she doesn't fart. Big Grin

No, she does! We can't hear her sound.:p

The Haunted Air SPOILERS - Sigokat - 12-23-2006

there's nothing wrong per say, it just seems like she only wants him to stop when its convienant for her. And the fact that she goes out and does similar things is somewhat hypocritical. (I just read the part last night where Jack calls her Repairwoman Jane)

I didn't mean for this to be another Gia thread, but looks like it turned out that way. I just don't like her and her attitude...she's annoying.