RepairmanJack.com Forums
Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (/thread-1983.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan - Dave F - 10-26-2006

Jagshemesh!

Is the new Borat movie getting much coverage in the US. It premiered last night inthe UK and goes on general release next week.

Personally I can't wait to see it, no political correctness at all.

2 particular quotes I loved last night:

“I did bring my eleven year old son Bilak here with his wife who is a similar age and they have recently given born to a baby which we are hope to sell to singing transvestite Madonna.”

"I would very much like to meet Queen – not for sexy time, but merely for respect. Very nice!”

What is the general opinion over in US about the forth coming movie?

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan - cobalt - 10-26-2006

The movie is out I believe. I did catch a bit on the news last night about some of the people interviewed for the movie. It seems that the Americans seen, thought they were in a film for Borat's country. Now it is shown in the US and some are feeling silly and victimized. Could be because the Americans very shown in not their best intelligence/light. One sculptor from NYC (?) was totally upset at how she was portrayed.

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan - tenebroust - 10-26-2006

cobalt79 Wrote:The movie is out I believe. I did catch a bit on the news last night about some of the people interviewed for the movie. It seems that the Americans seen, thought they were in a film for Borat's country. Now it is shown in the US and some are feeling silly and victimized. Could be because the Americans very shown in not their best intelligence/light. One sculptor from NYC (?) was totally upset at how she was portrayed.

I have not been following it very much but I will say that based on the TV spots it sounds stupid. But then again I find it quite funny to speak broken english with a made up accent in order to make a joke or two, so maybe I'm being a little shortsighted Wink

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan - The Mad American - 10-27-2006

tenebroust Wrote:I have not been following it very much but I will say that based on the TV spots it sounds stupid. But then again I find it quite funny to speak broken english with a made up accent in order to make a joke or two, so maybe I'm being a little shortsighted Wink

The movie isn't out yet. I think it comes out the first weekend in Nov.

The comedian who does the Borat character name is iirc Sasha Cohen and he cracks me up. Its very very unPC and he offends just about everyone he can but I still laugh.

He had a TV show on one of the cable channels, showtime or HBO and the Borat character was in them along with his most famous character Ali G, the stereotypical white boy gangsta rap wannabe with a cockney accent.

One of the Borat skits on the show was him trying out for a theater production in NY and he acts a scene from a movie he supposedly starred in in his home country. VERY VERY unPC and offensive but had me in stitches.

One of the funniest things I ever saw on TV was he tricked the guy who does the sit down interviews with actors...something Lipton into an interview with Ali G. Oh man some of the questions and answers were priceless. He even got the old grumpy guy from 60 minutes, Rooney to do an interview and he had him so mad by the end of it that he pretty much kicked him out of his office.

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan - Maggers - 10-27-2006

The Mad American Wrote:..One of the funniest things I ever saw on TV was he tricked the guy who does the sit down interviews with actors...something Lipton into an interview with Ali G. Oh man some of the questions and answers were priceless. He even got the old grumpy guy from 60 minutes, Rooney to do an interview and he had him so mad by the end of it that he pretty much kicked him out of his office.

"The Ali G Show" is hilarious and anyone who takes his new movie seriously is on crack. I can't wait to see it, and I'm sure I'll be offended in parts, but that's exactly what is intended. Shasha Cohen (the actor who played the King Lemur in "Madagascar") is an equal opportunity offender, and he is wildly funny.

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan - Noelie - 10-27-2006

I can't wait to see it as well. I imagine tons of people are going to be offended, but that's what life is like in this all-too-PC world in which we live.

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan - ccosborne3 - 10-31-2006

Yakov Smirnoff lives

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 10-31-2006

Britfan Wrote:Jagshemesh!

Is the new Borat movie getting much coverage in the US. It premiered last night inthe UK and goes on general release next week.

Personally I can't wait to see it, no political correctness at all.

2 particular quotes I loved last night:

“I did bring my eleven year old son Bilak here with his wife who is a similar age and they have recently given born to a baby which we are hope to sell to singing transvestite Madonna.”

"I would very much like to meet Queen – not for sexy time, but merely for respect. Very nice!”

What is the general opinion over in US about the forth coming movie?

John Podhoretz gave it 3 thumbs up in NATIONAL REVIEW.

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan - Dr. Trilobite - 10-31-2006

It's getting a huge amount of coverage here, actually.

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan - Auskar - 10-31-2006

I'm going to see it and I look forward to being offended at times. It comes out on November 3rd.

Dr. Trilobite looks like a relative.