RepairmanJack.com Forums
This is Spinal Tap - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: This is Spinal Tap (/thread-1938.html)

Pages: 1 2

This is Spinal Tap - Kenji - 10-08-2006

I've ever heard rumor about this movie, but unfortunately I've never seen this....until today. Have you ever seen this?

Today, at last I got "This is Spinal Tap" DVD, and I saw it. Great! I liked it. Exciting rock performance, funny songs, anger to canceled shows, anger to Black album, A woman like Yoko Ono, etc...but the most funny thing is this is fake documentary!

I especially laughed at small Stonehenge set on stage. I couldn't stop laugh! Big Grin

This is Spinal Tap - Richard Kendrick - 10-08-2006

Kenji Wrote:I've ever heard rumor about this movie, but unfortunately I've never seen this....until today. Have you ever seen this?

Today, at last I got "This is Spinal Tap" DVD, and I saw it. Great! I liked it. Exciting rock performance, funny songs, anger to canceled shows, anger to Black album, A woman like Yoko Ono, etc...but the most funny thing is this is fake documentary!

I especially laughed at small Stonehenge set on stage. I couldn't stop laugh! Big Grin

This is a holy grail for rock musicians... All too often guilty of many of the things made fun of in Spinal Tap. The silly songs are very well written. What a classic. It's one of my favorite movies.

I love when Nigel is playing his "guitar solo" with the violin and he stops to tune the violin.

There are too many great scenes to start trying to think of them all.

"This one goes to eleven..."

RIK

This is Spinal Tap - Kenji - 10-08-2006

Richard Kendrick Wrote:I love when Nigel is playing his "guitar solo" with the violin and he stops to tune the violin.

That was great.Big Grin

Richard Kendrick Wrote:"This one goes to eleven..."

RIK

Ten and eleven is too different sound?

This is Spinal Tap - Richard Kendrick - 10-08-2006

Kenji Wrote:That was great.Big Grin

Ten and eleven is too different sound?

No. That's the whole joke. In reality, the amp has the same power and volume but theirs have one more number on the dial. Silly shit. Marshall actually did make some of those amps with the numbers that went to 11 a few years back as either a nod to Spinal Tap or an official Spinal Tap model... I can't remember which.

RIK

This is Spinal Tap - Mike Hanson - 10-08-2006

What's great about the DVD are the roughly 30 minutes of scenes edited out of the original theatrical release. One highlight is the hilarious performance of the late Bruno Kirby as a NYC limo driver. In the extra scene the band feels guilty about snubbing him earlier, and light up a few doobies with him to the point where he gets totally ****ed-up, he strips down to just his underwear and his limo driver hat, and starts singing Frank Sinatra songs while standing on the hotel room bed. Funny stuff.

This is Spinal Tap - Maggers - 10-08-2006

"This Is Spinal Tap" makes me laugh as few movies do. When I first saw it in the theater 22 years ago my sides hurt from laughing at the Stonehenge scene. I've seen it many times since, and the movie still gets me every time.

As Richard said, the hilarious lines and scenes in this movie are too numerous to mention.

I love the concept of exploding drummers. OMG, makes me want to rent it again. Good stuff.

This is Spinal Tap - hford713 - 10-09-2006

I recall urging (forcing, really) a friend of mine to watch this several years ago.

After about 30 minutes of tuning in without hearing a single laugh come out of him, I decided to pull the plug.

I guess it was a tad too subtle for him.

My favorite sequence is during the record release party -- with the band standing around, inadvertently showcasing their collective Herpes sores.

This is Spinal Tap - The Mad American - 10-09-2006

Kenji Wrote:I've ever heard rumor about this movie, but unfortunately I've never seen this....until today. Have you ever seen this?

Oh yeah as Richard said this movie is the holy grail for rock musicians and there are far too many hilarious scenes to list all of them.

The airport metal detector scene....How much more black?....The lost in the back stage scene...stuck in the pod...oy so many.

This is Spinal Tap - Bluesman Mike Lindner - 10-09-2006

Let's not forget the exploding drummer!

This is Spinal Tap - Maggers - 10-09-2006

Maggers Wrote:"This Is Spinal Tap" makes me laugh as few movies do. When I first saw it in the theater 22 years ago my sides hurt from laughing at the Stonehenge scene. I've seen it many times since, and the movie still gets me every time.

As Richard said, the hilarious lines and scenes in this movie are too numerous to mention.

I love the concept of exploding drummers. OMG, makes me want to rent it again. Good stuff.
Bluesman Mike Lindner Wrote:Let's not forget the exploding drummer!

I didn't.