RepairmanJack.com Forums
loved all the rage book - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: loved all the rage book (/thread-1865.html)

Pages: 1 2

loved all the rage book - eddieo396 - 09-04-2006

hi just finished all the rage loved it and have to say there are parts of the book that are absolutely the most hilarious pages i have ever read. I had to
put the book down to stop laughing. fpw sure has a great sense of humor .:p

loved all the rage book - Kenji - 09-04-2006

eddieo396 Wrote:hi just finished all the rage loved it and have to say there are parts of the book that are absolutely the most hilarious pages i have ever read. I had to

Old tires and oil! That was hilarious, indeed!Big Grin

loved all the rage book - Pleiades - 09-04-2006

I've been re-reading the RJ series again (5-th or 6-th time), and found a connection I've always missed.

Minor Spoilers....

In ATR, Robert Butler nearly throws Vicky down the steps while under the influence of Bezerk. In The Haunted Air, Jack uses the alias Bob Butler when he approaches Madame Pomerol.

Never saw that before. That's one reason its fun to read and re-read FWPs books!

loved all the rage book - Dr. Trilobite - 09-04-2006

Pleiades Wrote:I've been re-reading the RJ series again (5-th or 6-th time), and found a connection I've always missed.

Minor Spoilers....

In ATR, Robert Butler nearly throws Vicky down the steps while under the influence of Bezerk. In The Haunted Air, Jack uses the alias Bob Butler when he approaches Madame Pomerol.

Never saw that before. That's one reason its fun to read and re-read FWPs books!
Completely went over my head. Thank you for pointing that out.

loved all the rage book - acfrogg - 09-05-2006

I love the image of tires bouncing everywhere! That was pricelessBig Grin

loved all the rage book - luthie2 - 09-05-2006

eddieo396 Wrote:hi just finished all the rage loved it and have to say there are parts of the book that are absolutely the most hilarious pages i have ever read. I had to

FPW's sense of humor is one of the (MANY) things that I love about his writing. This fix-it in All The Rage was definitely one of his most imaginative and humorous. Loved the comments that the Ashe Brothers made to Jack about this job too.

Another thing that always makes me smile is all Jack's "Neat Stuff". Cracks me up every time I read about something new in his ever-growing collection. Big Grin

-Luthie

loved all the rage book - KRW - 09-05-2006

Pleiades Wrote:I've been re-reading the RJ series again (5-th or 6-th time), and found a connection I've always missed.

Minor Spoilers....

Your good, but stacyzinda123 beat you by two years. ( sorry to steal your thunder)Big Grin

loved all the rage book - cobalt - 09-05-2006

You have to just love FPW's sense of humor. I recently finished reading Virgin. In one scene, he had me envisioning the virgin mother circling the earth like a satellite by the comment from the priest. I laughed and laughed!

loved all the rage book - itchittyitch - 09-05-2006

All the Rage, for me, was the best Jack book over all. Then Gateways, then Infernal. I'm hoping for another tight read like these two in the upcoming book. Though, don't get me wrong, i think they're all good.

Peace.

loved all the rage book - Sigokat - 09-06-2006

I too just finished ALL THE RAGE and it was a great book to help me get back into the RJ world. I hadn't read any RJ since about 2001 because I thought that there was only 3 in the series.

It took some jogging of the memory to remember Scar-lip and everything that they were referencing from THE TOMB (or was it CONSPIRACIES? See that's how long its been!!) but it wasn't all that hard. Overall, I thought ALL THE RAGE was a great book and I finished it in only a few days.

I can't wait to start THE HOST and then HAUNTED AIR (I already mailed them back home)