RepairmanJack.com Forums
I'm not the only employee at FTD who reads FPW - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Related (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: F. Paul Wilson Main Forum (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: I'm not the only employee at FTD who reads FPW (/thread-1747.html)

Pages: 1 2

I'm not the only employee at FTD who reads FPW - Tony H - 06-27-2006

I was sitting with my boss in her office yesterday approving employee merit increases and we were shooting the shit about life in general. I told her that I have over 84,000 words in my novel that I am writing write now and she feigned pleasant surprise. She asked me if I was going to let my friend read it and I was confused by whom she meant. She clarified: "Your author friend."

I said, "Oh, you mean New York Times bestselling Author F. Paul Wilson!" This is how I refer to Paul whenever I speak to the unenlightened. Well it was at this point that the HR manager Suzanne burst into the office and says excitedly... "Did you say F Paul Wilson, he is my favorite writer!"

Well, I had never had much to do with HR or Suzanne in general but in that instant I turned heterosexual and she and I are getting married.

Okay, that last part didn't happen but it is so awesome to know that someone else in this square state knows a great storyteller when she sees one.

She is going to borrow the adversary cycle from me as she is only familiar with jack right now and some medical thrillers. She will be well versed in all things FPW and may even begin posting on the board.

I'm not the only employee at FTD who reads FPW - Keith the Elder - 06-27-2006

AsMoral Wrote:I was sitting with my boss in her office yesterday approving employee merit increases and we were shooting the shit about life in general. I told her that I have over 84,000 words in my novel that I am writing write now and she feigned pleasant surprise. She asked me if I was going to let my friend read it and I was confused by whom she meant. She clarified: "Your author friend."

For a second there, I thought she was referring to me. I need something to keep me from opening that "Nightworld" that actually arrived yesterday. I mean after I finish "Vengeful Spirits" which I just started.

Well gotta go, just notified network goin down in 2 min.

Keith the Elder Wrote:For a second there, I thought she was referring to me. I need something to keep me from opening that "Nightworld" that actually arrived yesterday. I mean after I finish "Vengeful Spirits" which I just started.

Well gotta go, just notified network goin down in 2 min.

I will send it to you, I promise. The computer I use to write isn't hooked up to the internet because that's too big of a distraction. I am too lazy to bring the CD-ROM to the other computer and send it from there. besides, i have an aversion to emailing an incomplete story.

I'm not the only employee at FTD who reads FPW - jimbow8 - 06-27-2006

AsMoral Wrote:I was sitting with my boss in her office yesterday approving employee merit increases and we were shooting the shit about life in general. I told her that I have over 84,000 words in my novel that I am writing write now and she feigned pleasant surprise. She asked me if I was going to let my friend read it and I was confused by whom she meant. She clarified: "Your author friend."

I said, "Oh, you mean New York Times bestselling Author F. Paul Wilson!" This is how I refer to Paul whenever I speak to the unenlightened. Well it was at this point that the HR manager Suzanne burst into the office and says excitedly... "Did you say F Paul Wilson, he is my favorite writer!"

Well, I had never had much to do with HR or Suzanne in general but in that instant I turned heterosexual and she and I are getting married.

Okay, that last part didn't happen but it is so awesome to know that someone else in this square state knows a great storyteller when she sees one.

She is going to borrow the adversary cycle from me as she is only familiar with jack right now and some medical thrillers. She will be well versed in all things FPW and may even begin posting on the board.
For a second there, I thought your soul had been saved from an eternity of hellfire, Tony. No such luck, eh? Cest la vie! Wink

Send her to the board here, so we can get to work harassing her........

I'm not the only employee at FTD who reads FPW - Dave - 06-27-2006

We have a Suzanne at my work in HR.

Sorry, uninteresting fact of the day. But if yours looks anything like mine, then put her on a plane and I'll meet her at Heathrow. Smile

Dave

I'm not the only employee at FTD who reads FPW - Susan - 06-27-2006

AsMoral Wrote:I said, "Oh, you mean New York Times bestselling Author F. Paul Wilson!" This is how I refer to Paul whenever I speak to the unenlightened. Well it was at this point that the HR manager Suzanne burst into the office and says excitedly... "Did you say F Paul Wilson, he is my favorite writer!"

Hunh. Frankly, I'm a bit stung. I was sure I'd be the first het girl you'd turn to if you decided to change teams. But I see you found a "Susan-esque" surrogate to take my place.

Oh, bitter pill...

Susan

Susan Wrote:Hunh. Frankly, I'm a bit stung. I was sure I'd be the first het girl you'd turn to if you decided to change teams. But I see you found a "Susan-esque" surrogate to take my place.

Oh, bitter pill...

Susan
Hey Susan,

You know I will always be waiting for you at Heathrow Wink

Dave

Dave Wrote:We have a Suzanne at my work in HR.

Sorry, uninteresting fact of the day. But if yours looks anything like mine, then put her on a plane and I'll meet her at Heathrow. Smile

Dave

The Suzanne in my HR office is quite pretty. I will send her to the UK Dave, but if Susan is there it is probably not a good idea, seeing as how Susan is a black belt and all.

jimbow8 Wrote:For a second there, I thought your soul had been saved from an eternity of hellfire, Tony. No such luck, eh? Cest la vie! Wink

Send her to the board here, so we can get to work harassing her........

I currently reside in Arkansas, I am accustomed to Hell.

AsMoral Wrote:The Suzanne in my HR office is quite pretty. I will send her to the UK Dave, but if Susan is there it is probably not a good idea, seeing as how Susan is a black belt and all.
Susan isn't here yet...

Make sure Suzanne gets a copy of Sibs to read on the plane over. Hehehe.

Dave