RepairmanJack.com Forums
Desperate Housewives.... - Printable Version

+- RepairmanJack.com Forums (https://repairmanjack.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Topics (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://repairmanjack.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Desperate Housewives.... (/thread-1259.html)

Pages: 1 2

Desperate Housewives.... - matthewsmommy - 10-17-2005

I'm only admitting that I watch this show because, 1-I don't see any of you in person, so you can't really laugh at me, and 2-because I missed last week's episode. Actually, I'm not sure what week it was, but I went to read Matthew his bedtime story around 8:20 and woke up at 3:30 Monday morning with a major crick in my neck. (If that's a southern word, it means that my body was on the bed while my head was against the headboard which left my neck at a 90degree angle for several hours.) So, anyway, when the "prisoner" guy actually escaped from the basement, what happened? Who is he? Who was hurt? Did he escape/die/kill anyone? Did any of the neighbors hear? (like Susan?) I thought that storyline would be continued into last nights episode, but it wasn't.
I know how hard it is to come forward, so in your reply you can say something like...."I would never watch that show, but my __________ (wife, cousin, daughter, neighbor, etc) loves it and she said.................happened."
I'll never tell....

Desperate Housewives.... - Scott Hajek - 10-17-2005

Nothing to be embarrassed about watching this show. I'm a fan and will proudly admit it. It's like Twin Peaks with adult women and no fish in the percolator.

The guy in the basement was not followed up at all in last night's episode and nothing has been said of it yet.

Scott Hajek Wrote:Nothing to be embarrassed about watching this show. I'm a fan and will proudly admit it. It's like Twin Peaks with adult women and no fish in the percolator.

The guy in the basement was not followed up at all in last night's episode and nothing has been said of it yet.
I'm glad you came forward, Scott. I like to pretend that I have better things to do, but man, I'm seriously addicted to this show.
I saw last nights episode, it was last week's that I missed. Did he escape from the basement? I feel like I'm totally lost now. Who the hell is in the basement? I'm sure it's her husband, but who? what? when? why? ya know? I'm lost. And, BTW, Susan totally screwed up when she sent Zach to Utah. She'll never learn. Rolleyes

Desperate Housewives.... - Lisa - 10-17-2005

No, he didn't escape. The mom and son managed to get him under control and at the end of the episode they showed the son fixing the basement door closed again with an electric drill.

Lisa

Lisa Wrote:No, he didn't escape. The mom and son managed to get him under control and at the end of the episode they showed the son fixing the basement door closed again with an electric drill.

Lisa
Was there any information about who they are, where they're from, why he's locked up, etc?

Desperate Housewives.... - The Mad American - 10-17-2005

matthewsmommy Wrote:Was there any information about who they are, where they're from, why he's locked up, etc?

I heard it was Alex Rodriguez and he was hiding cause he heard the playoffs were about to start....heh.

Sorry never seen an episode but thought I would interject my all to narrow humor into this string of posts. Big Grin

Desperate Housewives.... - Scott Hajek - 10-17-2005

matthewsmommy Wrote:Was there any information about who they are, where they're from, why he's locked up, etc?

No hints yet.

Desperate Housewives.... - Lisa - 10-17-2005

The Mad American Wrote:I heard it was Alex Rodriguez and he was hiding cause he heard the playoffs were about to start....heh.

Nah, this guy was much calmer than A-Fraud. Wink

Lisa

Desperate Housewives.... - LuzEstrella - 10-18-2005

I love this show. It's so quirky. You get comedy and drama and a mystery, you just never know what is coming at you next.

I think that Alfre Woodward's character, Mrs. Applewhite, is hiding her husband in the basement. Mrs. Applewhite got mad that her son had told Susan that his father had died and she asked him why he had said that. If I remember right, he replied with something like "It was easier to explain that way." and shrugged.

I do love the whole Carlos and Gabby relationship. They are both equal in their deviousness and intelligence. The writing is great.

Desperate Housewives.... - matthewsmommy - 10-20-2005

I found the website yesterday and it has all the recaps for the show. Reading it wasn't as detailed, but it helped a lot. I also took their little quiz, I'm apparently a Susan. I have never, however, burned anyone's house down! I can't remember the site, I googled it, but I think it was abc.go.com slash something, dot something.........that's what google's for.